Call Us: (908) 852-3515
94 US Highway 46, Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(for GPS use Washington, NJ)
Pet Vaccinations and Annual Wellness Exams
What takes place during your pet's physical exam?
- Abdomen - check for any masses or abnormalities, make sure non-painful on palpation
- Ears - check for any masses, ear infection, inflammation
- Eyes - check optic nerve, blood vessels, changes to cornea or lens (ex. cataracts)
- Genitals - check for any abnormalities
- Heart & Lungs - check heart rate, respiratory rate, any changes to lungs (ex. crackles or wheezes). Check for any hart changes (ex. heart murmur or arrhythmia).
- Lymph Nodes - check for enlargement
- Mouth - check for masses or evidence of dental disease, other abnormalities
- Musculoskeletal - check for any soft tissue swelling, pain, evidence of arthritis, changes in muscle mass.
- Rectal exam - depending on age check prostate and for any masses.
- Skin - check for any redness, inflammation, evidence of infection.
Wellness Exams - Do not wait for symptoms – early detection can save your pet's life!
We recommend annual wellness exams for dogs and cats under 7-years of age so we can help maintain their optimal health. Since pets over 7-years of age are considered seniors, their bodies change at a faster rate, so a wellness exam every 6-months is ideal to help keep them healthy and happy. Twenty-percent of lab tests performed during routine check-ups reveal medical conditions that would have gone undetected, such as diabetes, kidney or thyroid disease.
In order for your pet to remain fully protected against potentially harmful diseases, the Budd Lake Animal Hospital recommends the following vaccines and diagnostics:
Routine vaccinations are an important way to help protect your pet from many preventable diseases. We offer the following vaccines – ALL FREE:
- Rabies – given every 3-years after initial vaccine.
- Distemper – given every 3-years after the initial set of puppy vaccinations. Recent studies have shown a prolonged immunity for this vaccination in adulthood.
- Bordetella (kennel cough) - given yearly after initial set of puppy vaccinations.
- Lyme Vaccine – given yearly after the initial puppy vaccinations. This is perhaps the most commonly diagnosed of the vaccinated diseases in our area.
- Leptosporosis – given yearly after initial puppy vaccinations. This disease has been recently diagnosed more frequently.
- Rabies – given yearly
- Distemper – given every 3-years for cats that are strictly indoors; yearly for cats that go outdoors.
- FELV – feline leukemia
Our Hours of Operation As of 1/1/18
New Open 7 Days a Week!
Monday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 12:00 PM (noon) to 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 12:00 PM (noon) to 8:00 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
ASK THE VET
Connect With Us:
What Our Clients Say
Read our reviews to see if our hospital is a good fit for you and your pet.
Welcome to the Budd Lake Animal Hospital, located on US Highway 46. Budd Lake Animal Hospital is owned and operated by Dr. Don Costlow, also the owner of the Newton Veterinary Hospital, the only 24-hour veterinary hospital in Sussex County, NJ.
Address: 94 US Highway 46, Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(for GPS use Washington, NJ)
Phone: (908) 852-3515
FAX: (908) 852-3528